During the meeting with Vallena, I was struck by her confidence and her cool and calm demeanor. You get a feeling of restlessness from her as she always seems to be way ahead of the conversation. Perhaps the sense she left me with was more like she was somewhere else and visiting me in my space and time from her’s.
- Who is your favorite band?
No doubt I love to listen to Glitch Mob anytime. Or Pretty Lights, maybe even Little People. No, it’s The Glitch Mob.
- What’s your name?
I’m Vallena. My family is number 40; we will be of great learning here.
- How old are you?
I’m 27 this year.
- Are you gender-specific?
I am 100% female and 110% boy crazy.
- Are you related to anyone in the story?
No. I’m the only person in my family in the book. I was supposed to get married but my arranged marriage couldn’t be fulfilled after my husband died in a tragic accident when he was 11 years old.
- Where does your accent come from?
My family has a long lineage of Hindu and Yogis and Yoginis. My accent is Northwestern India back on Earth.
- If you were to define one or two of the most crucial problems facing you, what are they and why?
Where to begin? So like the guy that I would have a thousand babies with is Kelv. But he’s on the path to being a bodhisattva, and arhat so no chance he’s breaking celibacy vows to make babies with me. And, he’s family 12. Yeah, he’s a royal so even if he breaks his vows, he and me are forbidden to marry. It’s more of a travesty than anything.
- What would a perfect world look like to you?
Like I said, man. Didn’t you type it all just a minute ago? Me PLUS Kelv loving and doing the naughty night and day.
- What needs to happen to get from the problems to the perfect world you defined?
My bestie’s husband is taking over as King so woah, he’s got the chibusa to make me and Kelv an item. I love her, and I love her husband and they made me their wife. But that has to remain off the record. Totally a secret. I share a bed with them twice a week and the King, my secret husband stays in my bed once a week. Like they say. If I’m lying I’m Dying. True story.
- If you weren’t a character in this story who would you be in real life?
Oh, that’s an easy one; Thandiwe Newton. She is so pretty. I wish I didn’t have this pigment problem all over my body and that I looked just like her!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? Okay. This one is a bit harder to answer. Let me think. Well, I suppose I would like to be more of the featured character. The writer should consider how important my gardening and the entire orchard and families who care for them are.
- What would you like to say to the reader? Hello! Thank you for reading our books. I come to life every time you turn the page and read.